|Version 180 (modified by elisa42, 12 months ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the SHR Project
What is SHR ?
SHR is a GNU/Linux based operating system for smartphones and similar mobile devices. It integrates various Free and Open Source Software projects into a versatile platform - flexible enough to run on a vast selection of mobile hardware such as the Openmoko Neo Freerunner, Goldelico OpenPhoenux (GTA04), Nokia N900, Palm Pre (and variants) and more. The SHR build system is based on OpenEmbedded - well known from the Yocto project. For telephony, networking, etc. freesmartphone.org framework is used. On top of that an easy to use graphical interface centered around Enlightenment libraries is used to provide phone calls, messaging and pim. A growing amount of available applications offers SHR users with everything expected on a smartphone. But also numerous classical programs well known from other Linux distros can be made available easily.
What makes SHR so special ?
SHR is 100% community driven and based on Free and Open Source Software. This empowers everybody to realize their innovations or add support for new hardware - without needing to ask some CEO or strategy manager first!
How can I try SHR on my device ?
The install instruction page ? provides you with everything needed to test SHR on supported devices ! We are looking forward to your feedback.
If you need a trac account, please contact us on IRC or mailinglist.
Please read the bug reporting guidelines before submitting a new bug. Thanks!
- Stabilizing: The work to prevent regressions in SHR
- SHR Blog for official SHR information.
- Weekly News -- See what is happening in the community
- Pictures and Videos -- A preview of how SHR looks like on several devices
- Installation? -- Instructions on how to install SHR on supported devices
- Contact -- Get in touch with other users and developers in order to provide feedback and contribute
- Image content and features -- List of main applications available in SHR
- The SHR User Manual on OpenMoko wiki. This manual describes the earlier SHR versions (SHR-testing, SHR-unstable) and is not updated yet. Beware, if you use new SHR (SHR-CORE) images that IP adresses for USB networking changed: Phone: 192.168.7.2 Host: 192.168.7.1
- SHR User Manual -- A new manual started, based on DocBook but currently not continued (Authors are welcome)
- Publicity -- SHR Press articles, Presentations etc.
Advanced users resources
- Customize your image -- Tricks and tips to customize your SHR
- Tweaks -- More advanced tweaks to improve your SHR
- Bug-report -- How to report a bug
- Languages and i18n -- How to change the system language
- new-opimd -- Convert your contacts to a new format
- Import SMS from SIM -- A script to import your messages from SIM
Hardware specific resources
- Devices -- Supported devices overview
- Firmware -- Firmware howto page for non-openmoko devices
- Implementation Specifications? -- A device specific collection of specifications of un/implemented stuff
Hardware porting specific resources
- Device Porting Guide -- how to port SHR to your device.
- Android Porting Guide -- how to port SHR to an android phone(also read the normal porting guide)
- Userland changes needed due to kernel version change -- How to adapt the userland when bumping the kernel version.
- Communicate and Contribute -- How to get in contact with other users and developers and join the processes
- Guidelines -- Important
- Building SHR -- Introduction to SHR development - How to get the SDK and build your own image
- Developing for FSO with shr-chroot -- Introduction to SHR development - How to develop for FSO
- Building SHR User Manual -- Introduction how to build the DocBook based manual
- Developing your own applications -- Beginners guide, with Hello World examples in Vala
- Add my app in the repositories How to add your programs into the official SHR packaging repositories
- SHR applications -- List of applications which are designed for SHR by SHR's contributors
- SHR architecture -- How has SHR been designed
- Coding Conventions -- Page that collect main conventions when you want to code in SHR
- Translate applications -- Document that describe how to translate an SHR application into different languages
- run SHR as user -- How to run shr as non-root user
- ShrMaintainerHowTo -- How to become a maintainer
- ImageDevManager udev vs. devtmpfs
- DebugBuild how to debug a build(for instance if it fails to boot
- FSOSHRUDCON'09 a.k.a. "Why did you decide on such an unpronounceable and long freaking name?"
- SHR logo contest (finished)
- Theme contest for SHR distribution
- Help with designing the phone user interface!
- New skin for our trac
- Development Process -- Documents and plans about SHR development process
- Dev-updates? - Follow the progress of the developers, for the developers and written by the developers
- Programs that wait for YOU!
- SHR Settings - Come on and give your thoughts
- ologicd - Come on and give your thoughts
- ophonekitd - Ophonekitd Vala rewrite
- Release notes - Drafting the MS1 release notes
- How to get the latest image working --
SHR server admins
on #bearstech irc channel the following people are available as server admin: bear_beavis zerodeux lukhas zitune cyberj _bibi athoune ruzarzh